Subtitle

The Not Quite Adventures of a Professional Archaeologist and Aspiring Curmudgeon

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Out of Town

I am heading out of town for the next few week - and will be in a place where I do not have access to either email or a telephone. On the one hand, I hate being this isolated. On the other hand, I have alot of thinking to do about personal matters, and perhaps this isolation will help me make some sense out of things by removing day-to-day destractions, and preventing me from being able to take immediate action (my downfall in many parts of my life - when I am worried about something and feeling pressured [usually self-imposed pressure - OH NO, I'M IN DOUBLE BRACKETS!], I often act without thinking, which is at odds with my normal think-it-to-death self).

So, no updates for at least a few days. In the meantime, check out this blog entry from Greta Christina on the growing anti-intellectualism of "alternative" groups (her point: it's beginning to rival the anti-intellectualism of groups such as young-Earth creationists). It's an interesting read, and her blog is usually great.

http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta_christinas_weblog/2008/06/reflexive-thinking-in-alt-culture.html

...or another one from her on a similar subject:

http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta_christinas_weblog/2008/03/a-seriously-pis.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gimme a call whenever you get back into phone range.