Subtitle

The Not Quite Adventures of a Professional Archaeologist and Aspiring Curmudgeon

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ominous Road Signs - the Beginning

So, I think I'm going to start posting pictures of some of the ominous road signs that I come across. If you happen to have pictures of ominous road signs, please note it in the comments section.

The first two here come from eastern California. First up, we have a photo of "Reamer" street in Auburn. Do you really want to know what happens on Reamer Street? Neither do I.



Here's a sign pointing towards my usual destination. In case folks didn't believe me when I told them that I work in a Hell Hole.



Oh, and while not technically a road sign, this one, also from Auburn, is pretty entertaining:



Given that "endurance" usually means putting up with pain or discomfort for an extended period, one has to wonder why any place would wish to be known as the "Endurance Capitol." Then again, I have been there in the summer...it's hot enough to...um...be really, really hot?

No comments: