Subtitle

The Not Quite Adventures of a Professional Archaeologist and Aspiring Curmudgeon

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Motto Needed!

It has occurred to me that archaeologists need a motto under which we can unite. Sure, there's the usual "We tell forgotten tales" claptrap, or the "it's good dirty fun" nonsense, but I think we need a motto that better demonstrates our true relationship to work. To that end, I have come up with the following potential mottoes. Those of you who are my fellow trowel-monkeys and shovel-bums, please submit your own in the comments section.

"Archaeology - Running scared from shotgun-wielding marijuana farmers since 1965!"

"Archaeology: Taking you to exotic shit holes since 1906."

"Really, that's a poison oak rash, not an STD, baby!"

"Archaeology: the gift that keeps on sapping your bank account."

"Archaeology - Keeping the funk alive!"

"Showers are for sissies."

"Proud to be the world's most highly-educated under-paid migrant workforce."

"Be one with the clay dust"

"Poison oak, chiggers, and mites, oh my!"

"Hygiene? We don't need no stinkin' hygiene!"

"Midden Soil: it's what's for dinner."

"Archaeology: Embrace the suck"

"PhD-wielding poverty line dweller."

"My other car is broken down in the middle of the desert"

"Archaeology - silt happens"

"Have student loan debt, will travel"

"Archaeology: Mom was right, I should have been a lawyer"

"As a field tech I drank for fun. As a project manager, I drink to dull the pain."

2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

Hard to pick one out - but I think one of these are good...

"PhD-wielding poverty line dweller."

"Archaeology: Mom was right, I should have been a lawyer"

Library Poet said...

How about this one.

Archaeology: getting paid for playing in the dirt.