Subtitle

The Not Quite Adventures of a Professional Archaeologist and Aspiring Curmudgeon

Monday, March 2, 2009

Japan Photos - the First of Many

I had said a while back that I would post some photos from Japan. Well, I figure that now is as good a time as any. These are the first of a number that I will post. The theme of these photos is "mangled English."




Truly, the city of the future.




Yep, the Ooze Charm bar...of course, even I had to have a drink there.




What do you think was being sold here?




I'm not sure if it's supposed to be pronounced "snow berry" or, like it looks - snobbery.




Quite possibly the greatest bumper sticker ever.




Shopping here may be a religious experience.

That's all for now, I'll actually write later in the week - and probably post more photos.

4 comments:

Evan Davis said...

I think there should be more people protecting the cities from the plague of crap. These people should arrive through the Teleport Station, Oose Charm, cut down the Snobber, unexpose the Nudy Boys and make all shopping a religious experience.

Anthroslug said...

I discovered that "Father Panik Industries" appears to be a US-based company. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Father Panik Industry is the backbone of the american economy, finest quality production standards and as a domestic industry leader for 2 decades- This company probably sold more records in Japan than Puff Daddy sold apparel in the US.

Anthroslug said...

An probably higher quality records than Puff Daddy's apparel.

I had never heard of them before, but have found that they are quite active, but just under the radar of those who, like myself, were not paying attention.