Subtitle

The Not Quite Adventures of a Professional Archaeologist and Aspiring Curmudgeon

Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger Weirdness

For the past few days, every attempt that I have made to post here has been met with a "Blogger Not Available" message. Hence my relative silence this week. Of course, now that the matter is fixed, I am preparing to go out of town for the weekend. As I have received input from people indicating that there are folks out there that do read this on a semi-regular basis, I figured I'd let all y'all know. I'll be back to posting next week.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Nothing to do with this post, but something I thought you might find interesting/funny...

I just ran across a mystery series in which the hero is an archaeologist who has her own consulting firm. She, her husband, and staff undertake projects, probably not unlike some of your, but they find dead bodies, long-lost journals, and other assorted mysteries. They're not bad, actually.

Anthroslug said...

What's the name of the series? I am really curious about how they portray the consulting work, as I have never heard of it actually being shown in a widely-published series.

Lynn said...

They're by Mary Anna Evens and her hero's name is Faye Longchamp. The author is not an archaeologist, but has "degrees in physics and engineering," whatever that means. The only egregious error I noted was that she mentioned women got the vote in 1925. Oh, and that, with a few years of Spanish, she was able to read an original text written by a padre during the 1500s. I couldn't, and I've had more Spanish than that... maybe I'm slow?

I've only read the book, which takes place after she gets her PhD is opens her consulting firm. In the others, she is apparently in grad school.

Anonymous said...

Actually, a fellow employee at my last job found a skull while setting up a logging site, and it closed out an old murder investigation. Her husband was arrested and convicted.

Anthroslug said...

Please tell me you've written a book about this and sold the film rights. If not, why not?